DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION:
specially formulated resin based adhesive for bonding PVC-U pipe, fittings and sheets. It is a fast setting and suited for PVC-U pipes with a diameter of 100 mm or less. Clear Glue is suitable for Non-Pressure applications in residential, commercial and Industrial work such as Sewerage, Drainage, Storm Water and electrical cable conduit.
Bonds are waterproof.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
Manufacture to the highest Australians standards and quality assurance. So the CLEAR GLUE comes with a 10 year manufacture’s warranty.
All containers are supplied with a natural bristles brush applicator cap to ensures easy application.
Proven product performance over several years in millions of applications around India.
Drying Time : 20 minutes
Joints strength to exceed : 0.1 MPa to 100 kPa or 14.5 psi
Drying Time : 1 Day
Joints strength to exceed : 1 MPa to 1000 kPa or 145 psi
Drying Time : 60 Days
Joints strength to exceed : 4 MPa to 4000 kPa or 580 psi
Appearance: Clear Viscos Liquid
Specific Gravity @ 20’C, cPs : 500 - 700
Contents : Contains more than 700g / L Hydrocarbon Liquids.
Shelf Life : 2 Years if unopened and stored in a cool, dry well ventilated place out of direct sunlight.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
PVC-U Pipe cement joining compound
PREPARING THE JOINT:
- Ensure pipe is cut square and remove burrs.
- To ensure correct assembly of joint, mark pipe at a distance equal to full socket depth.
- Test joint for dry fit.
- Clean pipe and inside of socket using a clean cloth freshly moistened with Priming fluids. This is essential to ensure a satisfactory bond.
MAKING THE JOINTS:
- Shake or stir thoroughly Clear Glue before using
- Apply Clear Glue in full even coats to both surfaces firstly to the inside of socket, then to external surface of pipe end.
- Immediately assemble, pushing the pipe home to the full depth of the sockets.
- Hold bounded joint in position for at least 30 seconds.
- Do not disturb for 5 minutes.
- Allow 24 hours curing before testing.
- Keep the lid tightly on Clear Glue when not in use. Evaporation of the solvents will affect the quality and performance of the Clear Glue.
- Clear Glue should have a “syrup-like consistency.
- No additive of any kind (including Priming Fluid) should be mixed with Clear Glue
- Avoid spilling the Clear Glue.
Irritant, Avoid breathing vapour, Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Highly Flammable and keep away from Flames.